Bark & Birch daycare is a trading name of Bark & Birch Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales (company number 12146072).
Registered address: Kemp House, 152-160 City Rd, London EC1V 2NX
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- By a) enrolling a dog with or b) permitting a dog to attend or c) accepting the Services of Bark & Birch and its staff, the Client is deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
Payment Terms and Cancellation Policy
- Bark & Birch daycare operates two alternative payment systems; Clients can choose to either be enrolled in a fixed 4-weekly Direct Debit or Credit package based system. Both systems require the Client to have fixed/on agreed regular day/s per week.
- One daycare Credit entitles the Client’s dog to one full day at a Bark & Birch’s Doggy Daycare facility, inclusive of the services as detailed on the company website.
- The Client has the right to cancel the order within the cancellation period of 14 days of purchase only. If the start date falls within these 14 days and the Client gives less than 48 hours notice no refund will be given.
- If Bark & Birch Doggy daycare has provided part or all of the services as described in this agreement within 14 days of purchase the Client will not be eligible for a refund, partial or otherwise.
- If the Client provides less than 48hrs notice in cancellation of any specific day of services 100% of the credit will be forfeited.
- Any requests for changes on the days or cancellations should be done by email: email@example.com.
- If enrolled in the Direct Debit payment system Bark & Birch daycare requires four weeks cancellation notice. The Client agrees to provide such notice or pay the amount that would be due during this notice period. The Client may cancel with notice at any time; there is no minimum term of the contract.
- The Client may not swap their agreed regular days on an ad-hoc basis. It may be possible to add occasional extra days as required, provided there is space in the van. Requests to do so should be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. These additional days will require payment in advance and charged at the “Additional Day” daily rate agreed between Bark & Birch daycare and the Client.
- The Client may not swap or add days in lieu if their dog does not attend.
- Full payment for services (agreed either at the time of booking or subsequently) is to be made in advance of any service being provided.
- Cancellation of services part-way through a month will result in the remaining sessions being forfeited or, where possible, held on credit to be used at an agreed future date towards any of Bark & Birch’s services. All cancellations should be made by emailing email@example.com.
Limitation of liability
- Bark & Birch daycare takes the safety and happiness of the Clients’ dog/s very seriously. No dog is ever left in an area together without direct supervision unless bedded in a secure crate or rest area. However, the Client must recognize there are inherent risks involved in any dogs socializing in an off-leash environment. Dogs mixing with other dogs of different ages and breeds is a vital part of life and socialisation. In such an environment dogs will come into contact with other dogs in an off lead and uncontrolled exchange. In the vast majority of cases, this is a hugely positive experience; however, as with any group interaction, this presents a risk of dog-dog aggression, fights and even death. By organizing activities with us the client accepts all of these risks and agrees not to hold Bark and Birch daycare liable.
- The Client will take responsibility for any costs which may be incurred, by either veterinary or other, as a result of any damage, accident, or sickness caused to or by their dog and will pay any such costs or expenses on demand.
- The Client agrees that s/he is able to ensure the Client’s dog under a pet insurance policy and is likewise able to insure home and property contents under a house and contents insurance policy. The Client is advised to notify his/her insurers of the daycare arrangement in order to be covered under the pertinent insurance policies. The Client understands that Bark & Birch daycare is only able to offer its competitive fees on the basis of its Clients insuring its pets appropriately.
- The Client’s dog must be microchipped in compliance with UK law.
- Female dogs who come into the season will not be able to attend Bark & Birch’s Doggie Daycare for the duration of their season (2-4 weeks).
- The Client’s dog may be transported with other dogs in a Bark & Birch daycare vehicle. The Client agrees that Bark & Birch Daycare cannot be held liable for death or injury to their dog in the event of a motor vehicle accident.
- The Client gives permission to walk their dog/s off the lead.
- Bark & Birch daycare may hold in possession the keys to the Client’s home and the Client is responsible for making arrangements with its own insurers with this regard.
- If the Client’s dog has any history or record of aggressive or anti-social behaviour the Client must provide full and frank disclosure on past incidents. Equally the Client must also provide detail on any characteristic, trait or suspected inclination of such behaviour that might make their dog unsuitable for socialising with other dogs. Such disclosure must be made explicit and in writing, either through Online Form submission or by email at the time of booking, prior to services commencing.
- Should the Client’s dog be deemed to be unsuitable by Bark & Birch daycare, Bark & Birch daycare reserves the right to cancel the booking indefinitely, with immediate effect.
- The Client agrees to ensure that their dog/s will be kept up to date on all vaccinations, de-worming and de-fleeing.
- D&B Doggy Daycare reserves the right to ask for proof of veterinary history and current medications.
- Any notice or other communication was given to a party under or in connection with the Contract shall be in writing, addressed to that party at firstname.lastname@example.org (so email delivery and receipt can be acknowledged).
- The provisions of this clause shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
- Third parties. No one other than a party to the Contract shall have any right to enforce any of its terms.
- Governing law. The Contract and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- Jurisdiction. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with the Terms & Conditions as stated here or its subject matter or formation.
- Bark & Birch daycare may be closed for a period of time during bank holidays, Christmas and Easter break. For exact dates, the Client may email email@example.com.
- The Client gives consent for their dog’s image to be used in photos or video format on Bark & Birch promotional materials and social media, or in any format the Company might consider appropriate.