These delicious healthy cookies are full of goodness and will keep your pup super happy!
Quick and easy to make, these cookies are fantastic treats for your pup. Watch his or her eyes light up when you produce one of these healthy dog treats -delicious!
Why not add your home made treats to an enrichment game for your dog to keep them engaged and happy!
This recipe is so easy to make and keeps in batches in your fridge for up to two weeks, so you will always have some healthy dog treats to hand!
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup instant unsweetened oatmeal
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup grated or finely chopped or grated raw carrots
2 Tbsp. pitted and finely chopped dates
1/2 cup natural unsalted peanut butter (check it is Xylitol free)
1/2 cup filtered water
How to make
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Get a large mixing bowl and add the flour, oatmeal, and baking powder- mix together well.
- Make a well in the center of the bowl
- Place the carrots and dates in a separate bowl with the peanut butter and water.
- Mix together well with a large wooden spoon.
- Add the peanut butter mix to the well in the flour mix and stir until everything has combined together and you have a dough mixture in texture
- Flatten the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is approximately 1/4-inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the treats
- Arrange on a cookie sheet lined with baking paper and bake for 14 to16 minutes, or until dry.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Makes 40 servings
For another great recipe head to our blog